23.2.09

Styrofoam Boots/It's All Nice On Ice, Alright

A coherent post this time, I promise. When it comes to musicians I like, individual ones not bands, they are generally separated into two categories. The ones I believe are human and the ones I don't. Don't get me wrong here I know they're all humans but some of them have either intentionally or naturally put out a persona thats absolute. That is somehow larger then human. To the extent it gets hard for me to imagine them as real, as a thing outside of their recordings and shows and interviews. Bob Dylan in my mind is not a person, hes a specter, and apparition. If I some how actually met him, to shake his hand and exchange a few words, I don't know what I would do. I would run and hide because I'm sure that man doesn't really exist. Others in this category are Jack White, Lou Reed, James Mercer, Beck, Jeff Magnum, Johny Greenwood, Thurston Moore, Charlie Parker and a few others. The other categories are the ones who are very human. The ones I want to give a hug and tell them that I understand. Ones who, as the cliche gos, I would like to sit down and have a beer with. Issac Brock, Alex Turner, David Berman, John Lennon, Thom Yorke, Elliott Smith, Kurt Cobain and others. I understand. You are all perfect in your humanity. 

well I'll be damned, you were right

No comments: