24.1.08

Split Needles

A rainy day bored list of my favorite album names

--The Beatles
Revolver
Let It Be
--Nirvana

Bleach
Nevermind
--Pink Floyd
Animals
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
The Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Wish You Were Here
--Arctic Monkeys
Whatever People Say I Am Thats What I'm Not
Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys?
--The White Stripes
Elephant
De Stijl
--The Streets
Original Pirate Material
--Weezer
Pinkerton
--ACDC
Highway to Hell
--Sublime
40oz. to Freedom
--Bob Dylan
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Highway 65 Revisited
Bringing it All Back Home
Blood on the Tracks
Desire
Hard Rain
Street Legal
Slow Train Coming
Time Out of Mind
--The Rolling Stones
Aftermath
Beggar's Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main St.
--Led Zeppelin
Houses of the Holy
Physical Graffiti
--Explosions In the Sky
How Strange, Innocence
Those Who tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who tell The Truth Shall Live Forever
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
--The Shins
Oh, Inverted World
Chutes Too Narrow
Wincing the Night Away
--Modest Mouse
This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About
The Moon & Antarctica
Good News For People Who Love Bad News
--Cream
Disraeli Gears
Wheels of Fire

I'm also a big fan of self titled, especially with numbers (ex. Led Zeppelin IV). I'm less thrilled about albums named after songs, though some exceptions exist.

I've done myself an impossible crime
Had to paint myself a hole, and fall inside.

No comments: