8.1.08

300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues

I am always a bit upset with the grammys because the sway highly twoards what sells over whats good. So I've decided to put down here what I think should win. Theres only one problem. The vast majority of the records I bought this year didn't come out this year. So I have decided to also make a second catagory of the best music I found this year.

Category 1: New Records
New Record of the Year:
Brianstorm EP - Arctic Monkeys

New Album of the Year:
Wincing the Night Away - The Shins

New Song of the Year:
Icky Thump - The White Stripes

New Instumental Album of the Year:
All of a Sudden I miss Everyone - Explosions in the Sky

Category 2: My Records
My Record of the Year:
Leave Before the Lights Come On - Arctic Monkeys

My Album of the Year:
Elephant - The White Stripes

My Song of the Year:
Don't Think Twice its Alright - Bob Dylan

My Alternative Album of the Year:
Pinkerton - Weezer

My Metal Album of the Year:
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

My Classic Rock Album of the Year:
The Doors - The Doors

My Newly Discovered Artist of the Year:
SoundGarden

Honorable Mention:

Nevermind - Nirvana
Either/Or - Elliott Smith
White Blood Cells - The White Stripes
London Calling - The Clash
Never Mind the Bullocks Heres The Sex Pistols
A-Sides - SoundGarden
Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin
Broom - Someone Sill Loves You Boris Yeltsin
The Cream of Clapton
Original Pirate Material - The Streets
The Best of B. B. King
Who the Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys? EP - Arctic Monkeys
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
The Beatles (White Album) - The Beatles

One thing's for sure in this graveyard
I'm gonna have the shiniest pair of shoes.

2 comments:

Jacklyn said...

YOU STOLE MY THING WHERE I PUT RANDOM THOUGHTS AT THE END OF MY POSTS IN A SMALL FONT YOU BASTARD

Sticky said...

Thats true, I did. Its too good of an idea to keep to your self.